Wednesday 16 November 2016

FOTD #16: Sharing Too Much Love for MUFE and A Full Make Up For Ever Fall Look


love Make Up For EverEven David has noticed and he is able to name MUFE is a brand (he also now recognizes MUFE products and says "Hey that's Make Up For Ever, you love them!"). While MAC also has a background in make up artistry, Make Up For Ever incorporates professional and artistic quality products with a real sense of fun and play which I feel that MAC lacks. 

I've been wanting to do a full Make Up For Ever face look post for a while to exclaim my love. So here it finally is! This is something you can put together for an evening out during a Fall night and uses some of the latest and greatest from the brand.




The Base
I don't always use color cosmetics but I almost always put my brows, liner and concealer on and lately these have all been from MUFE. Full Cover has been my dedicated concealer of choice from Day 1 (Day 1!!!) and I'm still loving the XL Liners. The products shown above are the constants in my MUFE look. While colors can change everyday, it is less likely that these base choices will.

Step 1 Hydrating Primer
Water Blend Foundation in Y225
Step 1 Mattifying Primer
XL Liner M90
Pro Sculpting Brows #50
Excessive Lash
Full Cover 7
Mist and Fix

I only bother with the Mattifying Primer and the Mist and Fix on special occasions or when I know I need my make up to last. The Hydrating Primer gets used as needed and most often during the winter. A caveat about the Excessive Lash, I've just started using this and I'm not loving it as much as I love the Smokey Stretch Mascara. 

The Water Blend foundation has been an amazing addition to my foundation regime. While the Ultra HD option has been getting constant use since its launch, I really do prefer a more sheer formula and the Water Blend has full day lightweight longevity. My skintone seems to work with Y245 as well.


The Colors

Purple, neutrals and a vampy lip is really a go-to look when I think of fall. I've created this type of look using other brands but the Diamond finish from the Artist Shadows really makes this version stand out. I will always be thankful that I bought the classic but now discontinued matte #92 shadow. That shade has worked so well in various placements.

Artist Shadow D562
Artist Shadow ME614
Shadow #92
Artist Rouge C506
Pro Fusion Bronzer 15I

Holy creamy, I received a wonderful box of 6 Artist Rouge lipsticks to try but this post was the first moment I was able to give these attention. Not only is the cut of the bullet so conducive to fitting on my lips, but the C506 shade is an amazing darkened raspberry. The super creaminess during application somehow sets into a ultra pigmented but not smushy color on my lips. I died when I put this on. 

The Pro Bronzer was my first bronzer love and the product that made it feel safe to play with bronzers. If you need a gateway into bronzing, I highly recommend this range for its build-ability and shade selection. 



If I had to only choose one brand, I would seriously be happy devoting my make up collection to Make Up For Ever. Yes, other brands have amazing seasonal collections with beautiful embossing and other impulse-attractive attributes but I have found MUFE products really work for me in all the face categories. Its the brand that I keep looking to for new releases and one that I recommend often to others. 

What is the best brand that works for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment