Saturday 18 June 2016

Innisfree Long Wear Cushion: A Great Option!

Innisfree Long Wear Cushion Review

Wearing new foundation for the first time is risky (I'm sure I've said this before). That exact moment, on a workday morning, when you decide to throw caution to the wind and crack open a new foundation could mean the difference between a great makeup day, or looking like a carrot for the next 16 hours.  In the case of Korean cushion pacts which often only come in two shades (what I like to think of as, pink pale, and lesser pink pale) there is almost a "ghost-face" guarantee. But I did throw such caution to said wind and wore the Innisfree Long Wear Cushion SPF 50+ in #23 one morning.


Innisfree Long Wear Cushion Review

Color and Coverage

The darkest of 2 color options, #23 is a neutral light-medium (but edging towards light). I'm not used to wearing a shade which matches my neck (lighter than my face) so I felt pale but multiple people confirmed it was the perfect shade. I haven't darkened from the sun that has been coming out but I might need to bronze the edges of my face to make this work through summer. 

Coverage is natural, lightweight but not sheer. Its light, even and you can tell something is there. I put on two layers once and it gave light/medium coverage. I looked even paler than normal with two layers so I've been sticking to one. This obviously evens tone (I feel like that sentence is so redundant but there it is); my sun spots and moles are still visible.

Innisfree Long Wear Cushion #23

Innisfree Long Wear Cushion Review Before
Before
Application and Wear:

Application is pretty obvious. Use the cushion and sponge. One layer was good enough to smooth tone. I avoided second layer "ghost-face"-ness. Powdering didn't feel necessary and gave me a more chalky look so I've been going without. I don't get any more oily from this. I might even say I am slightly less oily when I use this but its not a super mattifier, in case that was what you were looking for.

Innisfree Long Wear Cushion Review After
After
The product is truly long wearing and I still feel even at the end of the day. It dries down quickly and I don't lose lots of product when I tissue blot through the day. I'm really impressed by how it wears and on that alone, I would recommend this.

Innisfree Long Wear Cushion Ingredients

I recommend this! Color is the only hazard but if you think that this shade or lighter will work then the Innisfree Long Wear Cushion will keep you nicely even without feeling heavy or melting off. It will last you well through the day with maybe one blotting and it's neither drying nor oil inducing. I reach for it without hesitation and I don't need to do anything else to make it work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment