Saturday 7 May 2016

The Latest 5 Minute Face


I've been doing a 5 minute face a lot lately and its honestly because of the Burberry Eye Color Contour* stick in Dusty Mauve ($32CDN, 1.5g). Easy to use and incredibly flattering, even I, who must use at least two shadows,  can happily apply just Dusty Mauve smoked out on the lids.



I've been sitting on these Burberry Eye Color Contour post photos for a while. I didn't use these immediately upon arrival and I wasn't inspired to pump out a "one product review". I wanted to wait to see how I would naturally use these, if at all.


I received the shades in Natural and Dusty Mauve but I honestly always use the latter. Natural has a satin-matte thick creaminess that feels like stick foundation that needs warmth before it can blend. Its slight dryness keeps me from using it more. Dusty Mauve isn't a cream glide heaven either; its strangely like a cream to powder product that's halfway already to powder and yet somehow this works!

For reference these sticks are supposed to be creasefree, waterproof with a blendable creamy formula. I find the first two are very true and while blendable, blendability is more possible in the first 5 seconds after you've layered on color. Apply and blend this one eye at a time. 


My five minute face lately has consisted of a few staples and a few new tries.

I'm trying to use up the rest of my SephoraPerfection Mist Airbrush Foundation* (which I love and will be sad to see go), and the Make Up For Ever Eyebrow Pencil and Full Cover Concealer (staples for 3+ years now!).

I'm also using the Diorshow Mascara in  Pro Anthracite (not wearing in picture because like I said... aside from the first photo which I took today, I've been sitting on these photos for a long time). Honestly, it isn't doing much and while I like the subtle glitter in the shade, this really isn't amazing. But what has been great (aside from Dusty Mauve) is the WetnWild On Edge Longwearing Eye Pencil*  in Wooden You Know. I was either expecting this to me super dry or a smudgy mess but honestly, its cheap, opaque and hella smooth.

What has been your fotd lately?





0 comments:

Post a Comment