Wednesday 11 May 2016

Saving the Best: Avene High Protection Emulsion SPF 50*

Avene Emulsion SPF 50*

When I really love a product, like, really really love a product, I try to "save" it. This is crazy. 

It happens to color products but it also happens with my skincare. I feel like I'll just use up the less awesome stuff and save the best for...later...when its a more important date...or something...

Right now, this is happening to my bottle of Avéné High Protection Emulsion SPF50 ($25CDN, 50ml, found at London Drugs and Shoppers Drug Mart) because I don't think I've so instantly enjoyed a sunscreen as much before. You should try this.



Avene Emulsion SPF 50*

Two words.
Matte. Texture.

The texture is thin and light and completely non greasy. It absorbs so quickly. It keeps you matte.

And and AND when I apply it on my face, near the end of the day, I don't feel like a cake-face of thick sunscreen over day-old makeup. Which means I can layer and get sun protection and still wear my makeup during the day. I've been looking for something like this, for ages! I mean, who really wants to layer greasy sun screen over their 4pm makeup face. No one. NO ONE.

Avene Emulsion SPF 50* Review

This is made for sensitive normal to combination skin, has a ultra-fluid silky texture and protects against UVA and UVB rays. It is photostable (some sunscreens actually break down the moment UV rays hits it...whats?!) and has sebum reducing properties.

The only issue I have is with the pump bottle. 

This was such a great idea. A pump on your sunscreen. 
Awesome! 
No flipping bottle lids with greasy sunscreened hands. Perfect controlled dispersion of product. Capped cleanliness.

But sometimes the pump is a little jammy and product doesn't come out. So sads. I guess you can't have it all. Even so, when I used it for the first time I loved the texture so much I used it zealously.

And then realized it was going to run out if I kept using it that way. So...its been sitting on my desk waiting for my Taiwan trip when I'm going to slap on that SPF 50 with fricking vigour.

Anyways, long story short, try this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment