Saturday 5 March 2016

Turkey Neck Prevention (ft. Skinceuticals Serum 10*)


Turkey neck. Am I the only person afraid of this? I'm sure weight will have a contributing factor on how dangly my jowls will be with age but if I can help it, I'm going to make sure my skin is as firm and ageless as it can be. Using the amazingly well composed Skinceuticals Serum 10 AOX+ ($99CDN, $70USD, 30ml), from the brand's prevention line, is sure to help the cause.



This serum is ideal for sensitive skin and helps restore skin health. It neutralizes free radicals, defends against environmental damage and reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Once absorbed, it can not be wash or rubbed off and remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours! (I didn't know this and was applying it morning and night. At $99. I think I'll start using it every other day instead...) It uses the power of anti-oxidants and a 10% Vitamin C solution stabilized with ferulic acid to do its magic.


Strangely this has a faint light soy sauce scent which is quite nice. As always, its so hard to note the counterfactual (what would be happening if I wasn't using this) and combined with my under 30 age bracket, I'm not sure how much I'm benefiting from its preventative power. Sadly, I'm most likely underutilizing its max potential but I've been using it for a month and at the very least I haven't had any negative reactions. I'm hoping this is hedging my bets against potential future turkey neck-age.

The serum applies from a dropper that uses gravity to dispense the product. A dropper tube full of serum is actually a lot and I use maybe 2-3 drops max for my entire face. Placed in my palm, I smooth it lightly between my hands and press it on, starting with my neck. It has a liquid texture that isn't watery or thin and it absorbs quickly. (I seriously can't believe this has 72 hour lasting power and am re-kicking myself for using it day and night. This is what happens when you don't read the instructions).


I'm quite impressed with the ingredient list; most obvious is how short it is and how Vitamin C is a clear main ingredient. I can't speak to how effective a 10% solution verses a higher solution would be but in combination with my other skin care options, my skin is becoming brighter and healthier than it has been in a while. I researched each of the ingredients on Paula's Choice and all are directed at the serum's purpose. There are no unnecessary filler or poor choice ingredients in this serum!

While poking through the Skinceuticals websites, I saw so many other things I wanted to try. The prices are high though and I thought about the brand Deciem as an alternative. Even so, there seems to be a lot of thought and care that goes into the creation of Skinceutical's products and I'm excited to keep discovering them (wallet allowing).

Have you tried Skinceuticals?

0 comments:

Post a Comment