Sunday 2 August 2015

Chia Seed Crackers

chia seed cracker recipe

I thought it was a good idea to buy a huge bag of chia seeds from Costco but after discovering I quite dislike chia seed pudding, I tried to find uses for my chia abundance. Google produced a glut of options of which Nyoutritious by Regina's Chia Seed Crackers seemed the most immediate appealing.


chia seed cracker recipe

I had one modification to Regina's recipe. Here are the ingredients I used:

Ingredients:
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup oats (I used rolled outs)
2 tbsp flax seeds (I used ground flax)
1 cups filtered water
¼ cup almond flour (she used Spelt flour)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil



chia seed cracker recipe

Steps:
1) Preheat oven for 300F
2) Combine all ingredients. Let sit for 30 mins.
3) Pour out onto parchment paper. Place another piece of paper over the dough and roll out. 
4) Use knife and cut squares
4) Bake for 30-40mins till crisp. When done, let sit for 5 mins before breaking apart.

chia seed cracker recipe

These came out perfectly. A (not too) salty cracker that had a bit of sweetness (without any sugar) and lots of crunch! You can use these as  hor d'oeuvre platforms or just eat them with a little bit of jam/butter/whatever.

So easy to make and quite tasty. Give it a go.

 Daily Zen: Speaking of food, my friend Mavis has just started a food blog. She and her partner are the two people I ALWAYS relied on to tell me where to eat in Toronto. You can check her blog out here: Eat With M.E.

0 comments:

Post a Comment