Monday 22 June 2015

Drowning in your Morning Shower and Citrus Shampoos

L'Occitane Verveine Agrumes Fresh Shampoo review

For the longest time I have been, solidly, consistently and religiously, a 'night-showerer'. There is nothing more near-godly than taking a shower after a long day's work or a long night's outings (fewer and farther between for these old bones). No further proof of the superiority of night showering was needed after I tried, one day and only out of necessity, to take a shower in the morning. 

L'Occitane Verveine Agrumes Fresh Shampoo review

Ski mountains are readily accessible in Vancouver and there were often PE ski lessons in the winter. On such an occasion, I stumbled out of bed, earlier than decent, to make the meeting time for our bus. I hadn't showered the previous evening (an exceptionally rare occurrence) so I dragged my less than awake and cotton stuffed mind and body into the bathroom, stood in the shower and turned the faucet on. 

Nothing prepared me for the physical and nautical deluge that came down from that shower head. In my near unconscious, zombie-level state of alertness, I realized that I was drowning. My shower was trying to kill me. There was no escaping this Niagara of morning showers.

L'Occitane Verveine Agrumes Fresh Shampoo review

What felt like hours of panic was probably ten seconds worth of reaction/action as adrenaline pushed my body into flight mode and my mind sharpened into forced wakefulness. The fog cleared and I realized two very important things. 1) I was not drowning. I was in my shower and could easily escape. 2) Morning showers are the worst ways to wake up. If you feel like being woken up by the threat of death, then by all means...take a morning shower.

I am solidly a 'night shower-er'. That one morning showering experience had scarred me so deeply that it was years later until I attempted a morning shower again. Nowadays there are a few times when morning showers are necessary and the L'Occitane Verveine Agrumes Fresh Shampoo* ($23, 250ml) has been a weapon against morning drowsiness. Do yourself a favor, the amazingly fresh and zesty scent of lemon, grapefruit and orange is a life raft against drowning. The scent clears my mind quicker and safer than trying to figure out how to flee my shower and I get a good clean head of hair as an added bonus. I'm very much a morning person now and its been a while since I've been that hazy when I've woken up but I seriously could have used this shampoo on that morning of the ski trip.

Do you take night or morning showers?
If mornings, how do you avoid drowning?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment