Monday 27 April 2015

Current Favorites #3 ft Illamasqua Rude, Annabelle Peony and Make Up For Ever Smoky Stretch

favorites make up for ever smoky stretch mascara illamasqua rude annabelle peony blush

I don't even know if this the third 'current favorites' type post but let's just say it is. I've avoided posting monthly favorites because I can't quite commit to that timeline. My "favorites" crop up in spontaneous and unexpected time intervals. Lately I've been pairing Illasmasqua's Rude cream blush with Annabelle's Peony Blush On which makes a great coral mix. Another product that I've been enjoying is the Make Up For Ever Smoky Stretch mascara mostly because it has been better than I expected.


favorites make up for ever smoky stretch mascara illamasqua rude annabelle peony blush
outside
I realize I could just find the right coral cheek color but I layered Annabelle's Blush On in Peony over Illamasqua's Rude one day and I haven't looked back. By itself Peony and Rude are great colors but together, they give a coral dewy-not-dewy look to the cheeks which has been so fresh for Spring. The powder blush sets Rude's cream formula and I like how multifaceted the look becomes when they're layered.

illamasqua rude cream blush and annabelle peony blush swatch layered

I've stuck with Make Up For Ever's Smoky Stretch mascara* ($28 CDN) for much longer than the other MUFE mascara options. This one is advertised to give 'infinite length'. Other MUFE mascara make various claims but all I've ever gotten from them are 'natural lashes'. This one gives me length, separates my lashes and builds them up. Multiple passes are necessary and te mascara doesn't give me the fat volume that I like but this latest release is much better than their past options.

make up for ever smoky stretch mascara review
make up for ever smoky stretch mascara review

smoky stretch mascara illamasqua rude annabelle peony blush look
inside
I've learned to really pack on the blush when I'm trying to do blog photos and yet the color of Rude and Peony still isn't quite shine through. I think you get the idea from the swatches though. I've been wearing this trio of products for multiple days and its so quick and easy.

favorites make up for ever smoky stretch mascara illamasqua rude annabelle peony blush

What are some of your current favorites? Do you layer cream and powder blushs?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment