Wednesday 4 March 2015

Sheer Shadows for Color-phobes


It blew my mind one day when I heard a friend say "I like sheer eyeshadows more, anyways". Whats?!?!?! You mean you don't want vibrant, pigmented color all up on your lids? Not even with neutrals...? 

Error Error, does not compute.

Since not everyone is up for ultra pigment all the time and may want that subtle wash, here are some options from my stash to consider.


Getting the subtle, sheer wash of color is half a battle between formula and shade. Use a shade near your skin tone, or just light enough, and you might never have to worry about how pigmented it is.  In that vein, the BareMinerals 2.0 duo in The Promise has worked out quite well for me. The shades are smooth and well pigmented but since Aspire is quite light, the look is very everyday no matter how much a I pack on. It's very safe, even for color-phobes. I didn't expect to like this as much as I do.

On a whole, the Maybelline The Nudes palette (reviewed here) was more sheer than I liked. It isn't supposed to be sheer and color can be built up. Without primer, you've got a nice sheer palette option right there, that's if you want to work on your blending skills.

Maybelline The Nudes 
Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow Singles (reviewed here) and the Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Tisse Vendome both go on relatively sheer without looking invisible. The Burberry shadows are pure buttery goodness and have half converted me to sheerer eye looks while Chanel did the final push. Again, I never really thought I'd go for the "wash of color" but both of these have made me appreciate the simple glamour of understated eyes.


So, pigmented or sheer?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment