Saturday 28 February 2015

Etude House Play 101 Pencils: Part 2 Pony's Love Affair Look

Pony's Love Affair Look etude house play 101

I've reviewed and swatched the Play 101 pencils here, but another enticing aspect about these is the tutorials put together by Pony, a Korean Makeup Artist.

Pony has created about 8 looks, along with youtube videos, using the pencils and I tried to coordinate my purchase with at least one of her looks. I bought pretty much all the pencils for her "Love Affair" face. Here's my attempt at recreating it.




Pony's Love Affair Look etude house play 101

Pony's Love Affair Look etude house play 101

Eyes:
4: all over lid and into inner corner
5: lower lash line
46: outer third
1 (which I don't have but it's just basic black): into upper water line
48: thinly and winged on top lash line

Lips:
20: over concealer, placed on tip of finger and dabbed onto the lips

Face:
16: blended onto cheeks

She also uses 7 as concealer, and 41 as an eyebrow pencil. Overall this look was a hit. I've never thought to tightline first with black and then use dark brown on my actual lash line. Dabbing the pencil onto the lip produced good color pay off and worked better than drawing it onto my lips directly. As for the cheeks, pencilling on a few swipes and blending out with my fingertips produced a nice sheer flush that could be built up if I wanted.

If you want more look ideas check out this blog post from Memorable Days or read my review here.

Do any of the looks look good to you?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment