Saturday 20 December 2014

Eats: Donburiya


There is no shortage of places to eat in Vancouver and the West End is an easy place to get lost in when it comes to food options. I always pass by Donburiya (1329 Robson Street) whenever I walk from David's to meet someone downtown. I finally popped in with Terri after much curiosity.



This japanese fast food sort of place serves up inexpensive bowls of rice or noodles topped with meat and sauce. Nothing quite more tasty than that! Sizes range from Small to X-Large but even a small was quite good enough for me.


Terri ordered the Tokyo Ramen ($11, their latest menu item) and I had the Small Buta-MayoDon ($6, pork, japanese mayo, bonita flakes and onions). My rice bowl was practically a japadog and it was tasty! I also got a side order of Kaarage (4 pieces for $3.50).


The rice was a little soggy in my dish but the toppings were spot on. The Kaarage was flavorful, just the right amount of salty and the perfect amount of crispy. From what I could tell, Terri really liked her noodles.


On the side counter, water and some pickled veggies can be picked up for the table. I wasn't entirely sure what type of veggies these were but I'm thinking cucumbers, daikon and...something else. The yellow ones was my favorite (I believe that was daikon).


Donburiya is a good, easy, inexpensive place for a meal. It got pretty packed when we went so its an obvious favorite for many people. Give it a try if you're shopping on Robson and want something fast and not hard on the wallet. Nothing out of this world, but simple and comforting; I'm more than willing to return.

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment