Monday 24 November 2014

Surviving Spark Sessions ft. Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer



Spark Sessions, a room full of fashion and beauty bloggers,  room full of curated tastes and aesthetic analyzers. Show me a fashion/beauty conference, and I'll show you true fear.

Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer reviews

I knew that when I step through that entrance, lock-on-target, cross-haired, fashion blogger's eyes would hone in on my outfit with fashion police beacons at the ready. I may be a lowly beauty blogger but damn it, I was going to rise to the challenge. I was going to wow the frickin' crowd. I was going to be the Queen of the Parade while acting cool as a cucumber ("I woke up like this") and with flippin' grace that's...if my face would stay on.

Go ahead and rock that awesome hair, those statement necklaces or that designer bag ("Oh, it's Givenchy, daahhhhling") but if your face is sliding off, no amount of money shedding at your local Louis is gonna save your look. With my complete laziness for touching up, assuring that my base was perfect was essential and I made a game-time decision to test the Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer ($40CDN, 30ml) for the first time at Sparks.



Bought blindly at Shoppers after the SA assured me it was "much better than all the rest", I knew this could be a gamble. I knew that I risked silent 'ew's and questions about my foundation (so the asker would know what not to buy). And holy cow, did my foundation stay on! Go ahead and find a flaw on my face, I dare you. Fashion mavens and beauty judgers, try and spot any oilies and you'll just be straining your eyes. This oil-free, green tea and vitamin E formula smoothed on as a thin lotion, did not feel silicony, and kept me matte for much longer than anything else I've tried so far. Paired with a thin foundation and some powder and I was more than ready for the 12 hour day ahead of me. If you're a normal/combo girl like me, this is recommended.  Even with just a light tinted moisturizer over, the oilies stay away for a long while!

And I'm pleased to say that after much consideration, feeling like I had nothing to wear, tearing through my room to create outfits, I think my two outfits passed muster at Sparks. What do you think?


---------
Of course, I am kidding about Spark Sessions. It was a great event and everyone was friendly. This month has been so hectic. I'm going to try and do my event (Spark Sessions, Miracle 10, IMATS, Real Techniques Road Show) coverage posts soon....I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats in the meantime...any one you want first? I think IMATS coverage is coming up in the next few days.... Anyways...

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment