Thursday 16 October 2014

The Fall of the MLBB

mlbb

Revlon Just-BItten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. I've mentioned over and over again in comments, in blog posts, in conversation, how wearable this color is, how "everyday", how "MLBB". But...I'm wondering, is it too *whispers* bland ? and like doing your laundry and washing your dishes, too...everydayHas it becomes the housewife of lipcolors? 


Honey is my go-to when I can't think of what else to use. It's the color that '"works with everything" and yet lately, I don't get the same "YESH!!!" feels when I use it. It doesn't feel all that fresh and exciting. *pushes it away* Honey, you just might not be doing it for me anymore but I'm not sure. *clings onto Honey*

Now that I'm embracing more pigmentation and more color, "MLBB" shades aren't piquing my interest. They seem like "eh, whatever", "sure...OK" choices. I have a MLBB Burberry lipstick in English Rose that's as exciting as....something that isn't too excited...IDK. (But it's Burberry!)

I have to admit that every girl ought to have an MLBB in her wardrobe. As the French know, effortless chic comes in looking natural and no one is born with deep matte purple lips. Yet I'm more than ready to re-interpret what my "natural, effortless" shade will be. Conclusions have yet to be drawn; I'm still working on it.

Is it possible to fall out of love with a classic? Does one really need an MLBB? What's your non-MLBB go-to shade?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment