Saturday 11 October 2014

Scrub, Scrub, Scrub

peter thomas roth anti-aging buffing beads, skoah face skrub, dermaglow vitamin C microabrasion, glycolic 10% gentle peel solution exfoliator review

I've been getting back into regularly exfoliating (but didn't I already say this before?). As with other things I should do regularly, like...washing my dishes, shaving my legs, folding my clothes...exfoliating has taken a back seat to more pressing things like what to Netflix next and why I can't find matching socks. You know, solving world-poverty-type issues.


A face layered with deadened skin gives me clogged pores and micro pimples. You'd think I'd realize that regular exfoliation would solve most of these skin woes but I'm an exfoliation bandwagon jumper. I will wave the EXFOLIATE banner until I forget and neglect my products for another few months.  But since I've re-re-re-discovered my exfoliators (until I forget again) I've put myself on an 2x/week exfoliating regime. 

When I do remember, the products of choice are: 

peter thomas roth anti-aging buffing beads, skoah face skrub, dermaglow vitamin C microabrasion, glycolic 10% gentle peel solution exfoliator review

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Buffing Beads: So far this is my all-time favorite scrub. The rounded jojoba beads in a glycolic, salicylic acid and aloe vera gel mixes the best of chemical and physical exfoliant worlds. I keep scrubbing gently until the gel has dried up and the rinse always reveals amazingly smoothed skin. It gentle on the face but a powerhouse of effectiveness. 

peter thomas roth anti-aging buffing beads, skoah face skrub, dermaglow vitamin C microabrasion, glycolic 10% gentle peel solution exfoliator review

Skoah Face Skrub: Small sized granules mixed into a gel, this scrub smells like crushed pineapples. The scrubbers aren't too harsh but don't go crazy. The texture is different than Peter Thomas Roth's  and is another option if you like a good scrubbing sensation.

peter thomas roth anti-aging buffing beads, skoah face skrub, dermaglow vitamin C microabrasion, glycolic 10% gentle peel solution exfoliator review

Dermaglow Vitamin C Microdermabrasion: This was a less expensive alternative to the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion scrub. After a deluxe sample of Brandt's left me wanting more, a reality check during my sticker shock made me pass it up. The Dermaglow has the same ultra fine granular scrubbers and lemony scent but with half the price. An almost too intense scrub, I would use a light hand and short scrub time with this one. I liked it when I first got it but Peter Thomas Roth's is less physically harsh.

Dermaglow Glycolic 10% Gentle Peel Solution: If you want an everyday toner that acts as an exfoliator, this is a great option. I don't feel any stinging or burning so I can use this everyday. 

peter thomas roth anti-aging buffing beads, skoah face skrub, dermaglow vitamin C microabrasion, glycolic 10% gentle peel solution exfoliator review

Rediscovering and comparing my exfoliators has been great for my skin and awesome for my want to use and purge all my products. 

Are there any exfoliators you love?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment