Saturday 25 October 2014

Guest Post: Vanessa's Makeup Experiments Gone Wrong

This month, I have the awesome pleasure of hosting friend and fellow blogger, Vanessa of Citron and Guavaberry, on this blog. As if I haven't name dropped her enough already, be sure to check her out!


I'm not going to lie—my Saturday nights aren't particularly wild. WELP, CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG. But a few weekends ago, I decided to clean up my makeup stash and cry over how many products I had and would never be able to use up. And I thought, "Eh? Why not speed up this process and have a makeup experiment session???" Well, I did....and the results were terrifying.


CONCEAL DON'T FEEL (AND THE IMPORTANCE OF EYEBROWS)


I've had this tiniest nub of unused concealer for the longest time. (Somehow I had managed to use up 7/8ths of it before realizing it was far too pink-toned for my skin...brilliant) So what was I supposed to do with it??? CONCEAL MY LIPS, OF COURSE. Unfortunately, things got slightly out of hand and I managed to conceal my eyebrows too. If the above set doesn't terrify you, I don't know what will.

BRB JOINING THE BLUE MAN GROUP




I reeeeally don't know why I insist on buying blue eyeshadow when I barely even wear eyeshadow in the first place. BUT SERIOUSLY, LOOK AT HOW BIG THAT EYESHADOW PAN IS IN THE PHOTO. It started out innocently enough—I wanted to see how 'great' I would look with blue eyeshadow taken up to my eyebrows. Things escalated quickly and I took that eyeshadow all over my face. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to hide underneath your bed.

(I also manged to do this with blush and I looked like I had major [pink] sunburn. So basically, feel free to cover your face in any coloured eyeshadow/blush for Halloween if you are desperate to use stuff up)

MIRANDA SINGS GROUPIE


I've always wanted to draw on my lipstick sloppily and over-exaggerated, but for the longest time I was all like, "MY LIPSTICKS ARE FAR TOO BEAUTIFUL AND EXPENSIVE". WELL, NO MORE BECAUSE NOW I HAVE AN ENTIRE ARMY OF DRUGSTORE LIPSTICKS THAT HAVE ACCEPTED THIS CHALLENGE. Have you ever seen that much hideousness and beauty in one photo set?
_____________________________________________________________

Well kids, this is as much of a Halloween-esque post you're gonna get from me. But seriously, it's a time to get wild and outrageous with your makeup, because if not for Halloween, then when?



0 comments:

Post a Comment