Monday 22 September 2014

Tag: The Secrets of Blogging Tag


Apologies to whoever tagged me because I have forgotten who you are AND it took me a while to get this done.

When did you start blogging and why?
I started on Feb 2, 2013 with a 'why not?' attitude. I wanted to engage with the community and because my stash had started growing enough that I wanted to talk about it. I also did it to practice writing. In the process I've found an amazing bunch of blog friends and acquaintances who keep this crazy journey going.

How many people in 'real life' know about your blog?
All my family members know. My mom doesn't quite understand. Some found out on their own. Some I've told. The majority of my friends know and I still feel weird about bringing it up. 

Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm trying to brag about the "success" of my blog, but mostly I'm just excited that people are reading me at all.  I'm slightly uncomfortable with how "public" it is but I also realize there's nothing to be uncomfortable about so I force myself to own it.

What's your favorite posts to read?
You can read on that here. Generally anything with actual voice, regardless of the topic. 

List a blog you've recently discovered
I just discovered (not too recently) this super blog, Stardust. I'm really into films and for a while, had a major passion for old hollywood cinema. Vanessa's blog is a great reminder that there are more out there than just make up and clothes and is a constant re-inspiration for all the film's I've loved and have been meaning to watch. 

Which posts are you most proud of?
I'm proud of the posts which make people laugh. I'm proud of the posts which have zero grammatical and spelling errors. I'm proud of the posts that are more technical and are good references for purchases like my Kiss-proof lip battle. Those take more time to put together and are really meant to be an aide.

What advice would you give to future bloggers?
I tend to find advice-giving better learned through experience rather than accepted from other's learned experiences but a truth that hopefully a new blogger will realize is that they will be happiest when they blog for themselves.

Other than that, never write "Today I'm going to talk about....", always keep your photos the same width, make sure your photos are done in good light or edit them until they appear so, success comes when you pay back and forward the love you receive.

I'm curious about the last one. What is your advice to future bloggers? Or if you are considering becoming a blogger, what type of advice or questions do you have?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment