Wednesday 3 September 2014

Guest Post: I Can Always Rely On You ft. Daphne

And for today's Guest Post, we have Daphne who as a nice blog of her own and was one of my very first commenters. Remember to check her out :)


At the risk of making my life sound sad, switching up my daily makeup and playing with new products is a main source of fun for me. But that said, there are the days when you just can't be bothered - changing out of the jammies is already a burdensome task and the idea of spending time to pick out which beauty products to use just makes me want to headdesk. Not that I've actually left a bruise on my forehead before. On days like that, I always reach for the ones that I know I can rely on and know it's near impossible to screw up. 


The Urban Decay Naked Basics might not be as flashy as it's sister palettes, but it's the one that gets the most love from me. The five matte shades are multi-purpose, from a natural eye look to contouring and brow-filling. Venus, the one highlight shade is a beautiful inner corner and/or cheekbone highlighter when applied with a light hand. Other than the eyeshadow intentions, I personally love using Naked 2 as a contour colour and Foxy mixed with Venus for a subtle highlight. 

Oh eyebrows, how did I ever live before I filled you in? Even on days when I'm not planning to wear makeup when I go out - I will take the two minutes to fill in my brows. While I love my powders and pencils, the one that I'm finding perfect for the lazy days and can always rely on no matter how messed up the two strips of hair are is the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade. It does take some time to get used to this gel-liner equivalent of brow products, but once you get the hang of it - it literally gives you the most amazing brows in the shortest amount of time. What's better, no gel is required as the product will hold the hairs in place, and as it's waterproof (trust me, it's been tested through various beach and pool trips) it will hold in even the most humid summer conditions. What more can a girl ask for?  

Blush is important to me, and my slighter larger than warranted collection is evidence. But among the corals, the bright pinks, and the ones that take impossibly long to blend out - a fall-back favourite is NYX Dusty Rose. This inexpensive drugstore find rivals the most expensive blushes in terms of quality and pigmentation. Incredibly soft and blendable, I know I can tap my brush into the soft formula and end up with a natural looking flush. A makeup shortcut? Rather than the apples of the cheek, apply this further back on the cheekbones to create a more structured look.  

Dusty, rose coloured hues seem to be my safe go to. Another lip favourite that's perfect for the I-can't-even-be-bothered-to-leave-the-bed-why-are-you-making-me-put-on-makeup days is Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. Chubby sticks are sprouting up in almost every makeup brand and it's not hard to see why - but of the ones I've tried, I keep going back to this drugstore option. It's hydrating, the stain is beautiful, and the mauvey pink colour is everyday perfection. 

We all need these fall back products - the ones perfect for lazy days, for sick days, for days when you just can't be bothered by anything other than breathing and marathoning Doctor Who (or insert your own favourite TV show). These are mine, but let me know which ones yours are! 
With Love,
Daphne xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment