Monday 7 July 2014

In the Moment #10: Elizabeth Arden and YSL

Here's a recap of two events I went to recently. Once again, shout outs to Julie for being my beauty hookup.  I'm sure more than just my soul has become indebted to her now.

Event 1: Elizabeth Arden: Power of Orange Event


Elizabeth Arden really blew me out of the water with this event. They were launching some new Prevage items and showed some good scientific evidence for their Idebenone ingredient which impressed me more than any brand has so far (I'm not going to nitpick on how I find the evidence they presented to us, as lay people, still less than rigourous but at least beauty companies are heading in the right direction).


We got treated to complimentary eye brow shaping from The Brow House. Poor Julie ended up with less brows than she wanted :( RIP Julie's brows. I got mine shaped and a few mm were lost...I'm waiting for them to grow back a bit. 


There were lots of new perfume launches to smell and test. We even had to sign a waiver not to disclose one of the items that has yet to launch. By the time you read this, it should be in stores.



Another thing that REALLY IMPRESSED ME was the thought that went into all the packaging. There is no double dipping with any of these products.  Some of the items are even vacuumed sealed inside the container with suction tops to dispense the product out. For a line that is SO EXPENSIVE, this extra mile makes them stand out.



Donna Langton, head of Langton PR was kind enough to introduce Julie and I to the Vice President of Research at Elizabeth Arden, Art Pellegrino. We had a good conversation going and I was, again, impressed that Donna Langton took the time to talk to Julie and I along with Art.

In general, this was a very high quality event.

Event 2: YSLxBeautezine


Jessica of Beautezine hosted a YSL event at the Eaton Center Sephora store. We tried out a few of their latest launches and were introduced to some of Jessica's favorite YSL products. No surprise, this included the Touche Eclat and the Glossy Stains, which we all got one of!!!



I keep running into the same crowd at some of these events and I still haven't introduced myself properly to a lot of the beauty veterans but Ande from the aptly named, The Beauty Blog, is always a kind face. 


We could get our YSL products engraved. ENGRAVED!!! I did up a glossy stain (#109) with this lovely sailor hat bedecked engraver.


What have you been up to lately?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment