Tuesday 11 February 2014

Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face OIl

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

In an attempt to save my winter ravaged skin, I tried my hands (or face, rather) on a face oil. I'm feeling conflicted guys...

Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing face oil review
The Fresh Seaberry Moisturing Face Oil is advertised as a face oil developed to sooth skin and deliver nutritious hydration via various Omega-fatty acids and seabuckthorn oil. It is suppose to absorb quickly and give a boost of moisture while maintaining skin's elasticity with Vitamin E.

I actually had high hopes for this because I did my homework and researched up some of the ingredients. There was enough evidence out there to make me feel somewhat less skeptical that this was actually going to work. (In general, I am rarely convinced lol. So "somewhat less skeptical", is pretty good). Not to mention, the SA's at Sephora really talked it up for me, so I took the plunge and into the shopping bag it went.

The skin on my face has been really dehydrated this winter. When I apply foundation, I can see the flakes and cracks on my forehead that no moisturizer or exfoliate ever seems to get rid of. As much as skin can be anthropomorphized, it was thirsty man! Thirsty like a dog on a hot summers day (sorry).

I used this before moisturizing. I used it after moisturizing. I used it on its own. I tried to mix it into my moisturizer but.....I don't think this is the oil for me ladies and gents. It absorbed alright if I remembered to use just the barest of a drop. But after a two weeks or three of trying it out, I just....looked really shiny. I felt like it mostly sat on my skin and clogged my pores. My skin was still flaky.

It could be that I didn't give this a long enough go. But the shininess I was getting from it just wasn't my thing and my pores seemed more clogged than normal. Eventually, I ended up returning it but I really wanted it to work! 

Everyone's going on about oils! Oil this, oil that! Whatever happened to just a good winter moisturizer. Please suggest an oil or moisturizer that has worked for your dehydated skin!

Daily Zen:  And the Olympics are well underway. I don't know WHY but the bf actually really dislikes watching the Olympics and he HATES the 'emotionally manipulative' montages LOL. He hates advertising in general but I mean, this is the OLYMPICS!!! Le sigh...

Follow me on: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment