Tuesday 21 January 2014

Maybelline Colorsensational Color Elixir - Signature Scarlet

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I wasn't planning on review this just yet but popping it on during the weekend and getting a "woah!" response made it sort of necessary. 

maybelline color sensational color elixir signature scarlet review swatch


maybelline color sensational color elixir signature scarlet review swatch

maybelline color sensational color elixir signature scarlet review swatch

Maybelline advertises their Color Elixirs as providing hyper saturated color with an ultra cushiony feel. This gloss is suppose to deliver the color of a lipstick, the cushion of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss. The exclusive smoothing angora brush delivers an even application and smoothing sensation to the lips.

I actually really enjoy this product but you will be disappointed if you're hoping it is as advertised. Though its true that this provides an amazing glossy shine (like crazy mirrors, with lights, and more mirrors, all shining..on glass), it does not deliver the full opacity of a lipstick. The smooth coat of gloss has an almost watery look to it which is reminiscent of Korean lip tint products and that is actually why I enjoy this so much!

The color, Signature Scarlet, is a wonderful red and leans slight more orange than blue but just barely. I wore this through a meal and even though I wiped my mouth a good stain was still there. The application in the lip swatch photos seem patchy but that's just how the gloss reflected off the light. The color goes on consistently and has an almost jelly tint look that I love whenever I see product adverts from Banila Co. or Etude House.

The wear is very comfortable. My lips did not feel dry from this product and the applicator really is quite soft. Once it dries down, it isn't too sticky. I would recommend this if you're looking for a western product that will deliver something similar to a Korea lip tint gloss. Or if you just want a jelly tint with some crazy shine. I would not recommend this if you are looking for a liquid lipstick or something with full opacity.

I actually think I might go and pick up some more...maybe in an orange and pink.

maybelline color sensational color elixir signature scarlet review swatch

Do you love Korean lip tints like I do? Have you tried the Elixirs?
I've been searching Ebay for a good one to pick up. Any suggestions?

Daily Zen:  I forgot to mention that Jennifer Monforton of Vibrant, Vivacious, Veracious Beauty Blog won my holiday Make Up For Ever Giveaway! It worked out pretty well since she lives in Toronto so I was able to meet her this last weekend to hand over the prize. Check out her blog! She's really sweet and cheery in person and we had a great time swatching and chatting in Holts.

Follow me on: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment