Thursday 26 December 2013

Winter Essentials!

Heyo! Happy Boxing Day! Hopefully you're either warm and snug in bed or out there braving the sales!

Winter is in full gear and the recent pick up in snow and wind, has forced me to change up my beauty routine. Here are a few winter essentials I’ve been using lately.

essential winter moisturizing products

essential winter moisturizing products

I’m a West coast girl at heart and even though I’ve leaved in Toronto for 2 years, I’m still shocked by how moisture is sucked from my skin once winter rolls around.  I’ve been arming myself with my HG lipbalm Blistex Lip Medex and squeezing every drop out of The Body Shop’s Cranberry Joy Hand Cream.

Adding extra moisture to hair never occurred to me but the dry air here makes it a necessity. I’ve been reaching for L’Oreal’s Re-nutrition Royal Jelly Nourishing Cream Care. Rubbing some of this into my hair in the morning makes a major difference in hair dryness throughout the day.

For my face, major dry patches and skin tightness prompted me to get on the face oil bandwagon. I picked up Fresh’s Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil. For even more moisture, I’ve been turning to my trusty Sulwahsoo Overnight Vitalizing Treatment. This stuff is legit and will turn plump up and moisturize dry skin over night. I reviewed this product here.

Of course, once you step outside in the torrid wind and snow you have to take some backup with you. A great grey circle scarf knit by my mom (she’s an amazing knitter), fleece gloves and a beret have been my staples throughout autumn and into winter.

This post first appeared last Friday on Funny Face Beauty's Blog. I've been reading her for a very long time and if you're looking for some good content, you should check out her blog!

What are your winter essentials?


Follow me on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment