Saturday 31 August 2013

Scared of dark lipsticks? How to wear your darker lipsticks all year round ft. Covergirl Euphoria and Rimmel Apocalips Nude Eclipse


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Sometimes, wearing vampy dark lipsticks will elicit raised eyebrow and remarks of "What's with that lipstick?" from those nearby, especially in the spring/summer time. Here are a few ways I managed to avoid those situations while doing my lipstick challenge. (But really, you should rock that color for those of us who can't.)

Scared of dark lipsticks? How to wear your darker lipsticks all year round ft Covergirl Euphoria and Rimmel Apocalips Nude Eclipse
Scared of dark lipsticks? How to wear your darker lipsticks all year round ft Covergirl Euphoria and Rimmel Apocalips Nude Eclipse swatch


Some colors are just too much for everyday (or for any day....). I always want BAM in your face color but I know that, come morning, I'll be reaching for that nude or soft-office-appropriate pink. I would love to rock the fuchsia, the dark dark plums and the bright smouldering reds but I have to admit that these colors sit unloved in my lipstick drawer more often than not. 

The lipstick challenge really pushed me to use these colors (which was why I bothered with it at all). Here are two tricks I used to make my scary brights and deep darks work for me.

1) Sheer it out

Scared of dark lipsticks? How to wear your darker lipsticks all year round ft Covergirl Euphoria and Rimmel Apocalips Nude Eclipse swatch

I'm taking this tip from Rae's (The Notice) book. Lightly dab the lippie on and smush your lips around. Make sure to coat lips with a good layer of lipbalm before hand to allowing for even distribution of what timidly dotted-on color you have. If  you're still too scared, you can blot with a napkin.

2. Mix it up

Scared of dark lipsticks? How to wear your darker lipsticks all year round ft Covergirl Euphoria and Rimmel Apocalips Nude Eclipse swatch

Find a liquid lipstick in a nude color (Rimmel's Apocalips in Nude Eclipse worked surprisingly well for this) and mix it up on a palette with the offending lip color. If you don't have time to mix, a thin layer of Nude under a light dabbing of the lippy works well. Just remember to smush them lips after. (Smush smush smush :P)

Scared of dark lipsticks? How to wear your darker lipsticks all year round ft Covergirl Euphoria and Rimmel Apocalips Nude Eclipse swatch

Hopefully you'll give those dark lippies from your stash a try with these tricks. Don't be scared! You can do it! 

Are there colors you have but are secretly afraid to use?

Daily Zen: It was my birthday yesterday and I celebrated accordingly by eating lots of meat here and singing my heart out with friends. (You have to click on the link, just to see what they feature on their front page lol)

Find me at:

0 comments:

Post a Comment