Thursday 29 August 2013

Lipstick Challenge Recap - Lots of Swatches


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I decided to do a lipstick challenge and force myself to use a different lipstick each day. Was I successful...?

I have to admit that I cheated. Sorry! I reused colors for some job interviews and a wedding. I think that's pretty understandable. Also, after about a month, I was left with a handful of lippies that I just couldn't bring myself to use. I went about 4 days without lipstick just to avoid using them lol. I did manage to use some of my more scary colors during the work week (I'll post on my tactics for that next) so I think I deserve a few snaps and claps for that.

I cheated on:
These were the ones I couldn't quite use.

occ liptar nsfw covergirl euphoria mac lady danger nyx snow white review swatch

occ liptar nsfw covergirl euphoria mac lady danger nyx snow white review swatch


OCC LipTar - NSFW
Covergirl - Euphoria
MAC - Lady Danger (..I'm not sure if I could have rocked this matte red/orange at work)
NYX - Snow White

I cheated with:
These were my go-tos for important occasions. 

revlon balm stain honey clinique chubby stick woppin' watermelon NARS belle du jour maybelline mocha muse swatch review

revlon balm stain honey clinique chubby stick woppin' watermelon NARS belle du jour maybelline mocha muse swatch review

Revlon - Honey
Clinique - Woppin' Watermelon
Maybelline - Mocha Muse
NARS - Belle du Jour

I think I did a good job overall. I managed to rediscover some of the lipsticks that I liked and felt less guilty for having so many lip products. I think this is a good challenge for everyone! Maybe you should try it too? I think I'll start tackling my blush collection next.

Have you challenged your makeup habits in some way? Would you try this challenge?

Daily Zen: For all you Vancouverites out there, can you go down to the new Victoria Secret and tell me how ridiculous it is? I'm skeptical that a VS needs to be that large (in fact, the second biggest VS in the world...)

It would tickle me pink if you followed me on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment