Saturday 3 August 2013

FOTD #1: 'Cause everyone needs matte fuchsia in their life

Don't you just wake up some mornings and go "by jove, I need to use MAC's passionate today?!?!" I know I do. Well, at least I did last Saturday so I thought I'd share the look I came up with in my burst of inspiration.

look with MAC passionate eyeshadow fotd motd lotd Eyes: Maybelline - Barely Branded as base MAC - Da Bling on lid Wet'n'Wild - Nutty on outer third of eye MAC - Passionate in crease Clio - 7 Golden Black and 14 Bloody Angel as liner Rimmel - Scandaleyes Nude for lower water line Blinc - Mascara MUFE - eyebrow pencil 4  Lips: Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Honey  Face: Lancome - Blush Subtil in Shimmer Mocha Havanna as blush

See that matte fuchsia shadow up there? That's Passionate. Scary huh, but when I saw it at MAC, I needed it like I need soy milk (every morning guys). It is probably one of MAC's more dry shadows and you really have to give that pan a good rub or two but the color is like no other. 

look with MAC passionate eyeshadow fotd motd lotd Eyes: Maybelline - Barely Branded as base MAC - Da Bling on lid Wet'n'Wild - Nutty on outer third of eye MAC - Passionate in crease Clio - 7 Golden Black and 14 Bloody Angel as liner Rimmel - Scandaleyes Nude for lower water line Blinc - Mascara MUFE - eyebrow pencil 4  Lips: Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Honey  Face: Lancome - Blush Subtil in Shimmer Mocha Havanna as blushlook with MAC passionate eyeshadow Eyes: Maybelline - Barely Branded as base MAC - Da Bling on lid Wet'n'Wild - Nutty on outer third of eye MAC - Passionate in crease Clio - 7 Golden Black and 14 Bloody Angel as liner Rimmel - Scandaleyes Nude for lower water line Blinc - Mascara MUFE - eyebrow pencil 4  Lips: Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Honey  Face: Lancome - Blush Subtil in Shimmer Mocha Havanna as blush fotd motd lotd

look with MAC passionate eyeshadow Eyes: Maybelline - Barely Branded as base MAC - Da Bling on lid Wet'n'Wild - Nutty on outer third of eye MAC - Passionate in crease Clio - 7 Golden Black and 14 Bloody Angel as liner Rimmel - Scandaleyes Nude for lower water line Blinc - Mascara MUFE - eyebrow pencil 4  Lips: Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Honey  Face: Lancome - Blush Subtil in Shimmer Mocha Havanna as blush fotd lotd motd

Eyes:
Maybelline - Barely Branded as base
MAC - Da Bling on lid
Wet'n'Wild - Nutty on outer third of eye
MAC - Passionate in crease
Clio - 7 Golden Black and 14 Bloody Angel as liner
Rimmel - Scandaleyes Nude for lower water line
Blinc - Mascara
MUFE - eyebrow pencil 4

Lips:
Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Honey

Face:
Lancome - Blush Subtil in Shimmer Mocha Havanna as blush

Things I learned while doing this post: 1) Taking "selfies" is surprisingly difficult and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. 2) Living in a basement suite with one little window also doesn't make for good lighting conditions. 3) It's really weird to see my face sans glasses close up on screen.

I find that on the weekends I really have more time to play around with looks. Usually I'm in such a hurry to get to work, I slap stuff on and head out the door (after posting it to Instragram of course). There's loads of ideas on Instagram that's inspiring me to try different things and I would love to test them out for my blog. 

I hope you like the look.

I'm trying to think of something creative to name my FOTD posts, any suggestions? Also, are you more likely to click on a post if you see the product photo or the look first?

Current Zen: You revolutionize furniture assemblage, make prison look like a vacay and now you give me this! Oh Sweden, what can't you do? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment