Thursday 11 July 2013

Hello Care Intensive Cacao Collagen Treatment Mask


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

This is a weird one guys. It seems that almost every shop owner in Korea gives out face masks for free (ok not really...) and I got this one at an eyeglasses store of all places. I've never heard of this brand and a quick internet search didn't yield many results (though they do have a website) but let's see how this worked out.

Hello Care Intensive Cacao Collagen Treatment Mask review face mask

I have to say that I didn't really put much hope in this working or being good quality. I have no idea how long these masks were sitting in that storage drawer and now that I think about it, I guess I took a little bit of a gamble on my face... or I could just be unnecessary skeptical due to ignorance. 

This mask is suppose to be used for nourishment, shining skin and moisture. The back states that this is a treatment mask that makes your skin smooth with rich vitamin contents from cacao extracts "through effective skin moisturizing effect, while maintaining your skin moist and resilient through its collagen ingredient that is highly effective in providing moisture and nutrients" Holy number of 'moisture's batman!

Upon opening the mask, there is quite a pleasant chocolate smell. The mask is thick and nicely saturated with essence which was a pleasant surprise. The essence seemed less vicious and gel like than most other masks I've tried which gave it a light feel on the face, almost watery. The one thing that stood out as a negative was the fit of the mask. The eye holes were very almond shaped and not big enough for my eyes. 

After application and removal, the essence absorbed without much fanfare but did leave a slight tackiness to the face. The next morning there was still a bit of...film? leftover which wasn't too thick but still not that nice. I didn't expect instant results but my skin was slightly more moisturized than I expected. Not totally in love, but it performed well considering my low expectation.

What sort of beauty gambles have you taken?

0 comments:

Post a Comment