Tuesday 23 April 2013

I'M GOING TO ASIA FOR 5 WEEK! (Travel Bag Post)


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Hey guys, just a quick note that I'M GOING TO ASIA FOR 5 WEEKS!!! I've written a whole bunch of posts which are pre-scheduled but the schedule won't be the same 3 times a week as before. If you'd like, you can follow me on Instragram at 'abeautifulzen' to see lovely everyday photos and chat with me during the trip.

When you're reading this I'll hopefully be in Beijing already. I'm so excited because a) I need a god damn vacay Ok? b) I get to see my boyfriend for a much needed reunion and c) its' Asia, I'm gonna eat everything I can. We are hitting up China, Thailand, Vietnam and Korea. Yes I will try my best not to die of the flu or nuclear attack. Surprisingly a lot of my readers seem to be coming from Singapore. HELLO THERE! Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to visit your lovely country but maybe next time! Here is a post on the make up items I'm bringing with me!

make up travel bag review asia

I used ziplocks to store all my make up this time around just because I'm aiming to really downsize my suitcase on my way there. I know I might be buying a lot of things so I didn't want to go with too many items or bulky bags. Whenever I travel, I always end up with the 'HEAVY LUGGAGE' tag attached to my bag, and that's on the way there.  It's always a bit of game to see if my bag is going to be overweight when I came back...a very anxiety causing game...

make up travel bag review asia

The first priority is sun protection! It's going to feel like 47C in Thailand! I can't believe it and am kind of not looking forward to it. It looks like we might get some heavy rain as well, oh well. I am seriously sensitive to sunscreens. If it has the wrong ingredients I will have a rash within a few hours and there have been many instances in my childhood where I've had bad skin reactions which last for a week. I've tried many sunscreens to find the one that won't do this and it comes down to Banana Boat Baby. Yes, Banana Boat Baby.... For the face, I haven't found a good sunscreen yet but have been using the Skinfood Quince Whitening Sun Lotion which comes in SPF 34 PA ++. It does an alright job, the smell is quite nice but I wish I could find something with higher protection. It also doesn't have fancy mattifying or oil free properties.

make up travel bag review asia

The first ziplock bag looks sort of villainous. It has all my metal tools in it including my eyelash curlers (which I have a growing hate for everyday. I can't wait to go to the Korean Duty Free and buy a new pair), tweezers, eyebrow tools, nail clippers, an extractor and hair clips.

make up travel bag review asia

The second ziplock stores my makeup. Again, I'm really trying to downsize and I didn't bring any face products (aside from the sunscreen) at all! I'm going to do it guys. I'm gonna go barefaced (though I might just wimp out and bring some concealer. Haven't quite decided and am still packing). I brought three Maybelline Babylips in peppermint, peach kiss and grape vine because these were the highest SPF lipbalms I had (SPF 20). I wish I had something more strong (can you tell I'm really worried about burning...). For the eyes, I brought my eyebrow pencil, MAC's Buried Treasures and Hello Kitty liners in black and white. I also brought a trial mascara cause I probably will buy one in Asia. In case I did want to look a little more done up I brought two L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows in Tender Caramel and Amber Rush. These are great since they're long lasting and you don't need to bring an extra primer. Finally, I have two blistex lipbalms, a pencil sharpener and Clean and Clear's acne spot treatment. Oh and some eye drops just in case.

Phew!

I am seriously so very extremely excited. The thing I am most looking forward to is seeing David. I haven't seen him since Christmas and I miss him quite a lot. I'm going to have an amazing time! We planned a cooking class in Vietnam and a 2 day cruise to Halong Bay. I'm really excited to have David help me navigate Seoul (he taught there for a few years. It's also fun to see people balk when a white guys speaks to them in perfect Korean) and am looking forward to the floating markets in Bangkok. and all the shopping and the eating and the being in a different city every 5 days or so. HUZZAH! I can has ALL THE ADVENTURES! :)

Are you going anywhere this summer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment