Tuesday 12 March 2013

Neglected Beauty: Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I'm sure this happens to everyone. You hear how great something is, you go out and buy it, you end up never really using it. Well, that happens often enough that I try and root around for my lesser used products now and then. Just to ease the guilt really. The Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder is one such product.

Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
I bought this after reading loads of reviews when the product came out. People were raving about how it kept them matte the whole day and it was much loved. Now that Urban Decay has come out with there De-Slick spray bottle I feel this powder version doesn't get as much love anymore, especially from me.

Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

The product has a light floral scent when applied and though white, it doesn't leave too much of a white effect on your face. I would have to say that you should be careful about how much is on your brush though. So pat off some of the excess after you've dipped your brush in.

When I was thinking of more inventive ways to try and use up this product I would take a less dense brush and brush some into the roots of my bangs when they got a bit greasy. That was actually a neat alternative use for this powder and seemed to work quite well. I've also tried to pat this over foundations that were too dark for my skin tone. That hasn't worked out as well and if I think about it I'm not sure why I thought it would...

I've use this product so little that I can't even remember if it does a good job at mattifying. I tend to get oily along my T-zone and my cheeks quite easily so you'd think I would reach more for this in the hopes of a perma-matte face. But...I don't. Le sigh. The beautiful packaging is probably begging to be let out into the light more often too. Here's to hoping that I pull this out of the depths of my drawers more often, otherwise it might just end up in my Blog Sale. 

What are your neglected beauty products?

0 comments:

Post a Comment